“The advantages of STONESCREEN LITE© are so overwhelming we wonder why anyone would choose conventional stone cladding again”
• Uses between 5-10% of the stone used by conventional solid stone cladding.
• Reduces quarrying and transportation.
• Aluminium element of the composite panel is 100% recycleable.
• Enables the design of large panels up to 1200mm x 2400mm.
• Much larger than permided for solid Stone.
• 90% lighter than solid stone therefore reduced load on structure.
• Dry fit installation.
• Installation approx. 5 times faster than conventional stone cladding.
• Safer to install and Safer when installed.
• No point stress loading onto the stone as with conventional dowel fixings.
• Prefabricated precision engineered installation avoids requirement for
trained stonemasons to install, can be installed by general cladding installers.
• Lower labour cost to install
• Lower transportation costs
• The higher the cost of the Natural stone the more cost effective Stonescreen Lite© panels.
High Strength and Durability
• High flexural strength means larger panels can be used.
• High impact resistance. Stone will remain bonded to the panel even under high impact load.
• Reports of conventional stone cladding failures are common occurrence.
• Stone has weak tensile strength and failure can occur when fixing connections to stone panels are stressed due to building movements, micro cracks within the stone or poor workmanship.